Employment / Café Manager
The Café Manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of the Community Café, managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high standards and conditions, oversight of all point-of-sales, and providing consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a total quality experience for customers and team members.
Part-time hours: Wednesday through Friday; 9:00a to noon
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage and scheduling
- Ensures that team members are educated on products and services as well as blends/roasts
- Completes inventory of supplies and orders as needed following ordering protocol
- Performs POS duties, front, and back of house functions, procedures, coordinating with the controller as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits, and safety procedures.
- Maintains clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying, and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies, and customer incidents.
- Ensures that drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality
- Ensures that food offerings maintain the highest quality
- Trains staff, students, and volunteers with café procedures
- Supervises and trains staff and volunteers
- Works closely with staff members and volunteers to ensure program success
- Transports food products
- Transports students to/from field experience placements
- Serves as a role model for outstanding service and initiative at the café
- Pro-actively solves customer’s concerns
- Ensures that team members and volunteers demonstrate Shepherds College character traits
- Works effectively with team members
- Maintains positive and supportive relationships with students and staff
- Treats each student with respect and dignity
- Communicates in a courteous and professional manner
- Actively participates in trainings and meetings as assigned
- Consistently demonstrates Christ-likeness in their actions and words
- Attends scheduled meetings
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a coffee house setting
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Manager Serve Safe certification
- Professional experience working in the culinary field is preferred
- Willingness to incorporate teaching methods and procedures of Director of Culinary Arts
- Effective communicator, including verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree OR one to two years of related experience and/or training will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must complete a TB skin test and a physical exam which certifies freedom from communicable disease within 90 days prior to beginning employment. Medical documentation of TB skin test results and physical exam must be submitted to the Human Resources Department prior to beginning employment.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR MISSION
Employee shall commit to the mission of Shepherds College, which is to educate and train students with intellectual and developmental disabilities by equipping them to reach Appropriate IndependenceTM (Ai) through the development of vocational, social, and life skills while inspiring a lasting awareness of God’s plan for their lives. Employee shall have a deep understanding of Ai and its guiding principles, as Ai is the foundation of our education and training programs here at Shepherds College.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR CULTURE
Employee must be in alignment and in agreement with the eight key behaviors that shape our culture here at Shepherds College: 1) Model Christ-likeness - Point others to Jesus through our actions and words; 2) Be Creative - Practice strategic innovation; 3) Pursue Excellence – Whatever it is, make it better; 4) Maximize Strengths - Cultivate the value and potential of every individual; 5) Promote Professionalism – Present the best you, always; 6) Work Together – Collaborate to fulfill our mission; 7) Embrace Accountability – Own the process and the outcome; 8) Experience Gratitude – Recognize and affirm the good.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR FAITH
Employee must be in full alignment and agreement with the Shepherds College Statement of Faith and Biblical Responsibilities of Shepherds Staff. Employee must be part of a faith community that is aligned with traditional protestant Christian faith.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Become a vital part of the Shepherds College mission!